A secondary school faced a devastating incident when one of its dormitories was engulfed in flames under mysterious circumstances. The unfortunate incident took place at Riokindo Boys High School in Kisii County and it was a disturbing scene that unfolded.
The first report of this incident came from a concerned individual named Joshua Muimi who acted as a whistleblower. He shared pictures of the burning dormitory, revealing a chaotic and alarming situation. In a video that went viral, the sounds of people in distress could be heard pleading for help from local residents in an effort to fight the fast-spreading fire.
After receiving this alarming news, a rescue mission was immediately launched and efforts were made to bring the fire under control. Fortunately, no casualties were reported among the students, although several of them sustained injuries during this ordeal.
The incident underscores a worrying trend in Kenya, where accidental school fires have been on the rise over the past decade. It serves as a stark reminder of the importance of fire safety and preparedness in educational institutions.
All employees and staff in educational institutions across Kenya must exercise utmost caution when dealing with fire related matters. In addition, schools are encouraged to take proactive measures such as installing sufficient fire extinguishers to ensure they are well prepared to handle any fire-related emergencies that may arise.
This incident serves as a stark reminder of the need for vigilance and precautionary measures in educational institutions to protect the safety and well-being of students and staff.